Operational efficiency is a key phrase for any size of business. Smart and savvy business owners are not the type that ignore opportunities to cut costs even when business is performing quite well. This is a proactive approach and it is one that can prepare any business for when the economy does fluctuate. It’s the “leave no stone unturned” methodology.
These concepts are certainly the case for a client of ours. Blinds By Noon is a manufacturing company that provides goods and services to large corporations that redistribute window covering products. Recently we were tasked with working to cut down overall energy costs for lighting in a subsection of the manufacturing plant facility. They wanted to increase operational efficiency by converting metal halide to LED. The building has a total of 108,000 square feet. .
LED Conversion From Metal Halide
The installation involved a conversion from metal halide bulbs to LED. Sidney Mozayyani, the COO of the company, stated that it was much too expensive in years past to even think about this kind of conversion. The return on investment would take much too long to recuperate and benefit from. By contracting with Southern Energy Solutions this became a much easier opportunity and a no-brainer from a financial investment and a cost savings perspective. Here are the key statistics and highlights of the conversion.
- Replace 87 – 450 watt metal halide bulbs to 80 watt Patented DLC listed LED CORN bulbs.
- Energy conservation of 370 watts X 87 = Rate of return:92% -This includes energy conservation and product investment. Simple annual energy savings:100433 kWh. Annual energy cost savings approximately $10,043.30
- Retain existing housing fixture and mechanical components
- The overall increase in lumens went up substantially. Staff felt that it was much more brighter and allows for much better quality control inspections. Facility Engineering comments were that work area was much brighter. LED lighting provide an immediate start and they require no warm up whatsoever
- Decrease in heat output reduced other costs such as air conditioning.
- Higher company green score as they work together to increase overall company efficiency
- Dust cover installation over light fixtures
- Engineer training so that in house team could perform the conversion
Operational Efficiency On A Micro Level
Blinds by Noon is an excellent case study that highlights the simplicity of conversions. With low cost products, fantastic rebates and quick conversion turn around time, a company can realistically address operational efficiency even on a micro level. Those dollars add up. Forward thinking professionals such as Sidney and his team are helping us showcase the immediate value of sustainable solutions that will affect your bottom line for the positive today.
For more information on how Southern Energy Solutions can help you increase operational efficiency fill out our contact form today.
Be sure to check out our gallery of photos for this project over on Facebook